Hi from Ft Worth

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by photosbymark, Jan 20, 2010.

1. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Hi all. I'm a photographer using my bike in the S Fort Worth area for both getting out to find interesting photos and doing bike/owner portraits.

2. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Welcome to the forums.

What do you ride?

3. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

I just got a Fuji Newest 3.0 for a road bike. I have been happy with it for the most part but the shifting is taking some getting used to. I also have a Schwinn Rocket full suspension mountain bike. Right now that's on the trainer.

In the future I want to build both a recumbent and a trailer. One is a trailer that will double as a cot and can have a cover over it. Its the bikers RV. The long term goal is to do some touring.

4. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Cool. You mean like one of these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or something a little fancier like an airstream?!

[​IMG]

5. kneedrachen

kneedrachen Moderator Mod Team Tavern Member

Welcome to the forum. What are you using for photography? I'm using a Sony Alpha 330 with a bunch of Minolta lenses I had left over from film photogrpahy back in the mid 90's.

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

That Airstream looks like the Xtracycle lounge.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome to Twospoke.com!

8. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Well never really thought Id say this but on my bike its my old Medium format gear. IF I were to crash, it can be replaced far cheaper than the digital stuff. I still use film too sometimes, but mostly b&w when I do. The digital body is a Canon 50D with and most of the time it has either a 28 80 2.8-4.0L or an 80 200 2.8L on the front of it. At about a grand a piece for the lenses, I can't take the chance of a car pulling out in front of me when riding.

9. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Well the covered wagon concept is interesting, but it really needs dual wheels further apart. The pop up is an interesting idea, but it also has an issue. You see if you are going to spend the night at rest stops along the highway, you can't pitch a tent in most places. That has to be set up so it would be a no go.

Now the airstream is something, but I am way too old for that. I also wasn't born on the planet Krypton. Id give out in the first 50 feet if I could move it at all. :)

10. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Do you have a link to your portfolio?

11. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Hey and welcome! Post some of your cool pictures!

12. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum, they're a great bunch of peeps on here so i'm sure you will like it.

13. Doohickie

Doohickie Older than Hack

You should stop in to City Cyclist on McCart; they have several different recumbents on the floor. If nothing else, you could get ideas. You could probably have an interesting conversation with Mike (the head mechanic there); he's pretty knowledgeable about recumbents. If you see someone that looks like this riding around,

[​IMG]

make sure to wave and say, "Hi, Doohickie!"