Hi from new member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BlazingPedals, Dec 4, 2009.

1. BlazingPedals

BlazingPedals Member

My nickname is BlazingPedals, but I go by BP or John if that's too much to type. :p Some of you may know me from other forums; I use the same nickname everywhere. I found this forum through a Google search.

I'm a 50+ cyclist who's been riding bikes since college, and with a club since 1985. I average about 4000 miles through about 6-7 months per year. The bikes all gather dust in the winter; I can't stand trainers and my outdoor winter riding is limited to short rides on my Trek 7500 hybrid. So I usually do lap swim in the winter, with occasional x-country skiing at a state game area a few miles from my house.

With, um, advancing maturity, I discovered that uprights were hurting me more and more, and no amount of adjustments were providing relief; so in 1997 I retired my Trek roadie for my first recumbent. I've never looked back, and my only regret was that I didn't make the switch sooner! My first one was a sport model, but subsequent ones have been fire-breathers; and as the bikes got more impressive, I've gone from being a middle-of-the-pack 'B' rider to an off-the-front 'A++' rider. As soon as I find my way around this site better, I'll try to upload some pics. Although I went through a fairing phase, my preference is 'stock class' bare bikes.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Welcome! What other sites do you post on?

3. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

4. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

Hi, BP -

Welcome to another bike forum!

5. BlazingPedals

BlazingPedals Member

I spend time on Bentrideronline, BikeForums.net, and BikeJournal.com