Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jay
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to cycling forums but started riding seriously 13 years ago. I ride road around the Rock River valley and rail trails all over the midwest.

·
Eocyclist
742 Posts
Hi J3rd,

Greetings from NE IL, and welcome to the forum. I've never ridden in your immediate area, but have almost circled it about 40 miles away on the Grand Illinois Trail. Also had a really good weekend rail trail trip from Freeport up to north of New Glarus.

What's your favorite route out there?

·
Jay
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fox River Trail is my favorite. I see you're from the Heights. I was born at St. James and grew up in South Heights. I get down to Plank Road now and then. Grand IL Trail is great, I rode most of it in a six day tour back in '01. Unfortunately Hennepin Trail wasn't finished. Was a great ride though, and I make day trips to different parts of it regularly. Thanks for the welcome, Larry!

·
Eocyclist
742 Posts
Fox River Trail is my favorite...
My wife and I were on on the Fox River Trail once last year and had a blast. We rode from Aurora to just north of St. Charles ... maybe 25 miles round trip ... Spent a lot of time hanging out at an art fair on the river. Thank goodness we were on bikes and couldn't carry anything big and expensive home.

I look forward to getting out there again this year.

...I see you're from the Heights...
Yes. It's my ancestral home. Just to give forum readers a feel for what a conversation between us might sound like ... the Heights is properly pronounced Da 'ites ... Think of the movie The Blues Brothers. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts