Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Thought I'd introduce myself..... I'm Tim from Blackpool UK which is on the nw coast. Been cycling most of my life, mostly day rides and commuting. Main bike is a tweaked Marin Inverness single speed now with dropped bars. I love it's simplicity. Other bike is a Paulson hand built 753 road bike.
Due to a few health things, now getting back on the bike after an 18 month absence......how I missed it. Look forward to getting some USA thinking on cycling matters. Joining up for rides , may be logistically tricky however! Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Well our American ideas on cycling usually revolve around group rides to Starbucks, McDonald's or a shopping center of some sort. . .

That being said. . . .

I believe we have a few members from your side of the pond, and you'll be in good company with our low-brow American humor as opposed to your British love on puns!

All kidding aside, congrats on getting back on the bike and welcome!

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Welcome bongo!

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Much the same trips here too! Just add in the pub and there is this farm that does its own ice cream and it's own chocolate too which they then drizzle on the ice cream........(un)luckily it does involve a 40 mile round trip from where I live, so you do earn the right to partake.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's Henry the lazy Airedale.....he likes ice cream too

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome, bongo! I guess ice cream lovers are going to the dogs, huh? :D

Glad you have recovered from your previous health issues and have gotten back on the bikes. BTW, are salt and vinegar "crisps" (I think this is the proper term) still popular in the pubs? Ate many a bag while having a pint and a round or darts during my 2 years in East Anglia (Ipswich).

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, as far as I am concerned, salt and vinegar crisps are the best. Of course, you will have tried fish and chips? Were you in East Anglia for the 'broads'? English chap attempts an appalling americanised play on words!
For those not aware, there are beautiful stretches of water with windmills known as the Norfolk broads. I won't even begin to discuss Bakewll tarts.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome, man! Glad to see you've already found our beer thread. Cycling and beer really just seem to go hand-in-hand.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yep, many, many servings of fish and chips. I can't remember what the little bits of the breading that comes off in the fryer are called, but had lots of them too! Loved Norwich! Went several times. My time there was courtesy of the US Air Force but I lived off base so got to experience a lot of the local culture. Would love to go back over and see how much has changed...or not.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One day eh! I've only been once and loved it. Good area for leisurely flat riding. Where I live they are called scraps. Glad you loved your time down there.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Xela said:
Welcome, man! Glad to see you've already found our beer thread. Cycling and beer really just seem to go hand-in-hand.

Cheers!
Hi
Proper beer as opposed to the chemical rubbish that most English pubs sell. Always fancied a cycle pub crawl but would not get past the first pub.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. It's been interesting thus far.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Welcome to the site!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts