Hi from up North

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by petehickey, Jul 21, 2009.

1. petehickey

petehickey New Member

Hi from Hull, Québec.

I've been cycling for almost 50 years now. I was taking 15 mile rides at the age of 10, and just kind of increased the distances. I also commute to work by bike. I've been commuting by bike, year round for 30 years now, with temperatures as low as -37.

2. Jimi

Jimi Guest

Nice pic!
    Welcome from down south!

:)

3. SlowRider

SlowRider Guest

Hi Pete ~ You're a Brut ! I like it !!! Wow , from Quebec. I happen to love the folk music there, of all things. It's difficult to believe you've bike commuted that long, that is outragious ! I admire that so much. I've been riding for a little over 25 years, off and on, and for a short while I bike commuted, didn't own a car , so I have a vague awareness of what it takes, but certainly not at the temps you speak of.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Hey pete, where abouts in Quebec? I'm up that way just about every summer bass fishing here.

5. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Guest

6. petehickey

petehickey New Member

I put together a few pictures about 16 years ago... Not really a web page.

Winter cycling

While that is near the Ottawa River, which I cross every day on my commute, it is about two hundred miles upstream from me.

7. SlowRider

SlowRider Guest

I checked it out. You're really something else. I liken you to be the Lance Armstrong of Commuting-For-The-Hell-Of-It . :cool:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  8. Janie

Janie Guest

Agreed, you are somethin' else!