Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I confess the main reason I joined was I'm so impressed you have an Android app! Hoping to find some more fans of hub gears and/or leisurely cycling here.

Cheers,

Jim

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Welcome, plenty of leisure riding here :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the group, Jim! Glad to have another bloke join us. We have one from Blackpool and have enjoyed his posts and photos!

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Hi mate. For my sins I live in Blackpool, and this is one great forum. It's interesting to get the USA view on cycling and a variety of other topics. I found it with the iphone app....and I am hooked!!!

Which hub gears do you run...Sturmey Archer Shimano etc???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi and thanks everyone .. what a great welcome!

I've been riding a Pashley Paramount with 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears and drum brakes for the last couple of years, but have just bought a Charge Mixer with Shimano Alfine 8-speed hub gears and hydraulic disc brakes. I'm hoping to ride it to Lands End next month which will be a nice four-day trip with Claire my wife providing back-up support in the car :)

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
pucouajio said:

I've been riding a Pashley Paramount with 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears and drum brakes for the last couple of years, but have just bought a Charge Mixer with Shimano Alfine 8-speed hub gears and hydraulic disc brakes. I'm hoping to ride it to Lands End next month which will be a nice four-day trip with Claire my wife providing back-up support in the car :)
I don't know what you are.talking about, but it sounds cool.

·
Seasider
451 Posts

Sounds a good trip...hopefully get the weather for it.

The Charge looks a good allround bombproof bike for commuting/general riding and should be somewhat lighter than the Pashley...although Pashley's are a design classic. Enjoy.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts