Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently been retired and am looking to get into touring. I'm going to need help in selecting the correct gear to get started. Hopefully I'm fi enough by next summer to cycle across Canada. Any suggestions where to start?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cross Canada Tour

The tour I'm looking at is supported. That is they carry your camping gear and extras in a truck and meet you on a daily basis. Takes about 45 - 50 days with 4 days riding 1 day rest.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome to Two Spoke Barry!

I'm sure you will get all the help you need from the folks here, some pretty good people here.

DrB

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been looking at a Marinoni, Cannondale, Specialize and Trek. Not sure if I should look a Aluminum/Carbon, Carbon or just Aluminum. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Will there be climbing? What's the pace on a tour like this? Personally, I would look at steel for a long tour, unless titanium is in the budget.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless

you call starting from Vancouver and going through the Rockies flat.... I think I would call that hilly (aybe even a mountain or two...););)

Think I'd like to keep the budget around 2K...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Outside

the cross Canada trip, most of my riding will be in the Greater Toronto Region...The biggest hill in the area is the Niagara Escarpment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts