Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tinker.. Thinker..
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi My name is David Stipek.

I am retired and now live pemanently in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I was born and grew-up in Seattle WA. area.

My Bike is a Custom Build, made from 2 Steel Ladies City Cruisers. I stetched it 18.5" and lowered it 14". I am 6' 1" in height so to give me leg room and remain a bicycle the chain Gear and Cranks were moved forward 18".

Bike is remenisant of an American Chopper. It is Petrol Powered as well as having fully functioning full bicycle running gear. I haqd a 1984 Yamaha Y80M Bell that had been retired for a experiment like this. Everytime I had come back to America and something on Yamaha failed.... Family here just had it removed, cut-out or Bypassed. I found out when my wife couldn't shut it off. So it got stored for a rainy day... and this is our Rainy Season now!!! :)

It is good exercise here to ride Bike, but some motorists act like they don't see you on purpose... Gets dangerous at times. So having full lights, horn and can actually pass them... slows them down.

We have actually showed the neighborhood how to fix the Dynometer Lighting system for their bicycles using 2 cellphone batteries, rectifier. Now they have lights even when stopped.

Police have actually sponsered me to show Bike shops how to do this trick and when I ride usually get a few offduty members to tag along. So I have been safe also as they tend to get attention if problems arise.

The Name on the tank is in Thai it says "Thai One On...!" This referrs to Helmets :)... and Now at times when the Police have Bike Checks for Helmets being worn... yes they do write tickets! They also give out prizes at times when Someone is actually wearing one. Here also it is not uncommon to see 3-4 people on Mopeds, but not against the law. When all 4 have Helmets on, sometimes they also get their picture taken! :)

So My Chopper Bike is also powered my a Yamaha 80cc 2 Cycle semi-automatic Engine. Also by this 64 yearolds legs. So it is nice to be able to switch back and forth at will.

So if you choose to "Thai One On...!" a Bike.... a helmet... or actually give a second life to an old friend (Like my Bell)

Have Fun...
Be Safe...
and Enjoy the Scenery... it's now Summer :) But here I enjoy The Views year around! :) Heart don't fail me now....

David

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

·
Tinker.. Thinker..
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nigel
I was stationed @ Wright Patterson AFB... small world,Huh?
David
(Winters here in Chiang Mai are like summers in Ohio)

·
Tinker.. Thinker..
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nigel
I was stationed at Wright Patterson AFB...small world!
(Winters here in Chiang Mai are like summers in Ohio) :)

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
Nigel
I was stationed @ Wright Patterson AFB... small world,Huh?
David
(Winters here in Chiang Mai are like summers in Ohio)
Good gawd what are the summers like then? Dayton is pretty much dying a slow economic death.

·
Tinker.. Thinker..
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weather here

Right now we are comming to end or Rainy season. Either does it'sthing at night. or between sunshine rays during to afternoon. It can get around 32 -33deg centegrade even in lite showers, Tuesday we had reached 34 degC. Come Summer, anywhere from 32 - 38deg C. and it stays there. I liked the heat in Ohio, so I enjoyed it here because "No Winters" -40 Deg F....haha I have a partially full head of hair wear a hat at times, always a Helmet. Which we have been repairing and repainting for the kids. When they have their own Custom Personalized they tend to wear it 110% of the time.

Your new friend,
David

·
Tinker.. Thinker..
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pic's??

Look in Motorized registery, Thai One On...! and in area where I asked about how to add suspension to seat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts