Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a Hiawatha bicycle when my father in law passed away. It needs full restoration. I know the bikes were sold by Gambles and also know there were 2 possible manufacturers. Someone told me the chain guard is not original to the bike. But that is about all I know. I do not know who the manufacturers were and I do not know what model of Hiawatha I have or what chain guard it is supposed to have. I have photos I can post.

Can anyone who knows about Hiawatha's help me or point me in the right direction to someone who knows a lot about the Hiawatha?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a Hiawatha from Gambles . It was too small for me , but I rode it for a good spell anyway, because it was so nice. Look and see if there is a Phillips sticker on the downtube . Is it heavy like a regular 3 speed or a schwinn electro forged ? Or is it light, like a ten speed ? Phillips also made bikes for Marshall Fields', and called them the Ranger . Complete with Cowboy themed graphics and headbadge. But still a Phillips . Fine bikes for the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts