Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started getting a colection of Hi-Vis yellow rideing gear my thinking is if thay run me over thay can't say, well he was wearing that dark color and I did not see him. But I see a lot of riders in all black and evean camo do you think that thay are as easy to see. I started wearing this Hi-Vis after a guy ran a stop street on me and I don;t know how he mised me, he was right there I could allmost feel the bumper.
So what do you wear and what are your thaughts on color and being visable to drivers.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Most all of my jerseys are bright colored, and my bike is a bright red. I didn't do this on purpose, but I think there is truth in the idea that I am seen better then others on the road. I did recently pick up a bright yellow/green Pearl Izumi windbreaker, but again; it really wasn't because of visibility...I got a really good deal on it. I was given a reflective vest by a concerned love one a couple of months ago, and I would wear it during low light situations, but I haven't had any yet.

I am not too selfconscious about what I wear on the bike, so I figure if it comes in a bright color, more likely it would be safer for me to wear. Whether that is a scientific statement, I don't know.

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The wife don't let me ride after dark and when she dose let me ride I have to wear a tag with my address so thay know where to drop the body. You know no body no insurance $$$

By the way any one know where I can get a Hi-Vis yellow Hawaian shirt.:D

·
Bent Newbie - old rider
144 Posts
I have seen some fluorescent neon-colored fishing shirts, but no Hawaiian ones in hi-vis colors.

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks on the ID,
Now how about some help on the Hi-Vis yellow hawaiian shirt, fishing shirt maybe :D

·
Bent Newbie - old rider
144 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts