Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! Thought I'd introduce myself to get the ball rolling. My name is Clare and I love to ride. ((Hi Clare)) It's the closest I'll ever come to flying. I am competitive and am working toward getting onto a team.

On dirt I ride a tricked out Yeti ASR with a dodgy rear suspension. On the road I ride my trusty 1980 Faggin. I'm about to buy a Cervelo R3 however, so Faggin (or Holly Golightly as I call her) will turn into a commuter bike.

I recently moved to Boulder, CO and love it here.

I also very recently (ie Saturday) crashed into a ditch and am nursing a broken collarbone, 13 stitches and a concussion. Looking at the cracked helmet and blood stained jersey it could have been much worse. Telling me I can't ride for 4-8 weeks is the equivalent of taking meth away from an addict. But I'm thrilled it wasn't worse. I plan to be riding by 3 however... bring on the aggressive physio.

Looking forward to jumping in. Any other Boulderites?

Cheers,
Clare

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Glad to have you, Clare! Are you going to frame that jersey? Good luck with that speedy recovery. Until then, spend some time on here getting to know us.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I know the rules of gravity. Ran over a tack on a downhill and lost control.

Bike has not but a scratch or two.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to have you, Clare! Are you going to frame that jersey? Good luck with that speedy recovery. Until then, spend some time on here getting to know us.
Plan to frame the jersey along with the tack I ran over and even hang the cracked helmet on the corner of the frame.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey. Glad to here you are on the mend take it easy wile you can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not about being hardcore. It's about setting rediculously high goals for myself and trying until near death to reach them. ;)

Luckily the next ride I am doing is just a simple short charity ride so I can go at two miles an hour if I want.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If the Dr say stay off the bike, they have a good reason. You'll heal and thankfully it wasn't worse. I learned the hard way that a 6 week condition by not listening can be turned into 6 months in the bat of an eye. Welcome to the forum. It's a good bunch of folks that almost all of them could knock on my door at 3am without calling first, drunk, and get shown to the guest bedroom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts