HOLLA from New England

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by djcyberlegend, Oct 15, 2009.

1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Hi - just joined this forum today after hearing about it from a fellow member from another forum. I'm an electrician by day, specializing in fire alarm systems. I also do some mobile DJ'ing on some weekends.

I just bought my first road bike November of 2008 from a seller on Craigslist, after being inspired by a neighbor who does some road racing. Photos are being posted in the Registry thread.

- Larry

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Welcome to the forum Larry, I'm sure you will find it interesting and informative...and maybe a little crazy, but good people with some good info and knowledge.

DrB

3. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Welcome frome the Swamps of Joisey

4. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome....You do most of your riding in Plymouth???? I find myself at Myles Standish on occasion...

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Glad you found your way over here!

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome to twospoke!

7. djcyberlegend

Yeah - I grew up in this town so I know quite a bit of it. We may have crossed paths at one point or another...

I Tweet my rides a lot with links to them on Map My Ride, so check my Twitter page and you'll know where I'm riding - the link is in my sig. :cool:

Go figure, you're the one who told me about this forum... :thumbsup:

Thanks. The craziness is a non-issue, I have quite a bit of it in my genes... :D

8. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

Welcome! I just bought a road bike today, off of craigslist as well, lol.

Good to see more northeasterners on here. I'll make sure to give you a shout if I go on a riding tour (trails or whatnot) out in Mass. some really nice places out there.

9. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

10. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

and a welcome to you...being in scotland, i've never heard of craiglists, is it some sort of american superstore?

11. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Nope. It's online classified ads. Oddly, they don't seem to have any listings in Scotland. While it's lately been known as a great source for hookers, lots of cyclists buy and sell their gear on there.

12. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Mmmm...hookers, must look it up. ;) :D

13. djcyberlegend

The Craigslist Killer - this story happened in the Boston area, the guy in the story is accused of murdering people advertising 'masseuse services' on Craigslist after hiring them.

14. djcyberlegend

I'm back - and I failed...

Been away from the forums for a bit and after investing in a fitting last year, I sustained a knee ailment that kept me off the bike, so I failed to reach my goal of doing my first century before turning 45, but hoping to get back out there on the steed as soon as the New England weather (and my work schedule) cooperate...

Thanks Dean for the PM... :thumbsup:

15. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member Tavern Member

Cyber this is a great century ride that is well organized with a high level of participation. Last year was the first time in years that I missed this ride due to a vacation schedule. I will be riding this year and would have no problem riding along with you for encouragement.

The entire 100 miles has less than 5000 feet of climbing which makes it live up to its billing as the flattest century. The ride starts and ends at the UMass Dartmouth campus so there is plenty of parking. I will be renewing my NBW membership shortly so I get preferred entrance and a discount.

http://tinyurl.com/qys2sof

16. djcyberlegend

I'd join in on it but I'll be on the way back from an event in New Jersey that weekend... :(

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014