Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The price of cycling is skyrocketing! I checked on some new cleats (SPD-SL) and the last pair I bought last year were 22 bux at the LBS and they are up to 32 at the same store. Let's not even talk about the price of tubes and tyres!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I feel your pain. My mountain of parts that I got for pennies on the wholesale dollar is gone. My ten pack of Fox shocks, my OEM 100 pack of XTR hubs, the 300 bag of skewers. All gone. I remember digging up a bag of about 20 sets of cleats, and people paying crazy prices on eBay for them. Now I have to go to the shop and pay full price like every other sucker.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I still have a couple hundred titanium disc rotors left. Special prices for Twospoke peeps! One of the best investments I've made. I paid less than a nickel per unit!

Going out of my way to a bike shoppe to get gouged? $30 bucks for cleats? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll mail order from the comfort of my home.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I have seen some on line still for 18 -22 bux, I'll be doing the same from the comfort of the recliner!
Titanium disc rotors? As in brake rotors? Can't be :D But what else could it...so it must be. Why so many?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Just goofing on IndustyInsider's post. The quantity, composition and cost of my brake rotors are highly exaggerated. I have two steel ones, used.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Hey, if you had the opportunity to buy a storage unit full of OEM parts for nearly nothing, my guess is that you would too.

Having paid about $300 for a set of custom titanium rotors, I can assure you that they are the single worst product I ever used. Although they dissipate heat great, (a necessity on a tandem) they wore the pads out in less than 300 miles. Expensive mistake. One hangs on the wall in my office, the other was given to the guys from Black Phoenix Films/Drift Bike shop in Newcastle, Australia. It hangs on their wall of shame.

·
Registered
461 Posts
cycling is cheap for me, since my rides are found/given.
dont need fancy srtuff ie: clothes, parts, shoes

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts

Holy cow!!

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts