Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at some point Id like to finally break down and build my own bike. Some skills in woodworking and though I am no expert at anything, I can get by at quite a few. The one thing I have never done is either braze or weld.

Some of the wooden bikes really look different and cool. Some I have seen actually look like you are riding a piece of furniture.

My gut instinct is the back will go before anything else so I would want to make this a recumbent, bike, trike or tadpole. I'd consider all. Id be interested if anyone knows of any free plans online they have built. I have seen some of the Woody plans, and they might be a good starting point, but Id be interested in any and all ideas

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Seems like you could make a nice backbone by gluing together a few sheets of laminated oak or similar wood. If I had a proper workshop, (some day) I'd give it a try myself.

Check the internetz. Plans for everything can be found. Personally, I would take a bit from here and there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was thinking the redhead in the photos could be hot, but she must be 60 by now.

60 and still riding could still be hot...but then I'm not so young myself anymore.
"HEY YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"
(grumbles to self and shakes fist at you hooligans and your shenanigans):p

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oak, maple or even bamboo might work very well.. I saw a diamond framed bamboo bike in a mag a while back that looked great

I have a few ideas, but I also know there probably has already been someone out there that has tried them. My gut instinct tells me that someone has been there done that.

Ideally Id like to be able to hide an electric motor on it. Why?? Well honestly its a prank. One of the ladies at my local bike shop is not only in top shape, but very competitive. She is a race that hates to lose at anything. It would be fun to just hang on her rear wheel for a while, then see the her reaction when a gray haired old man that weighs too much drops her.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ideally Id like to be able to hide an electric motor on it. Why?? Well honestly its a prank. One of the ladies at my local bike shop is not only in top shape, but very competitive. She is a race that hates to lose at anything. It would be fun to just hang on her rear wheel for a while, then see the her reaction when a gray haired old man that weighs too much drops her.
That is awesome!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts