Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know it's not very ladylike of me, but I tend to sweat from my head when I ride.

I am wondering how you manage to keep sweat from dripping into the eyes, where it stings like hell. Especially when it brings a bit of sunscreen with it.

I am looking to ditch my soggy sweatbands. There's got to be a better way. Please share the solutions/products you've discovered.

Thanks, all.

Laura

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
I myself wear UA or the like Skullcaps and they work well! I'm guessing as a lady yo might have just a wee bit more hair that would make a skullcap, well not very feasible! FEAR NOT :D I might suggest you look at Headsweats! Headsweats classics and probably the best solution might be UltraTech-Headband

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
I have heard lotsa people say they like those omni!

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I use a thick sweatband that I picked up at WalMart at $2.00 for a pack of two. I've had the same two sweatbands for almost two years and they work great, even here in Florida. They are thick enough that they absorb a lot of perspiration and they are also very comfortable under the helmet. I got them in the tennis isle of their sporting goods section.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I have just learned to live with it. I have more scalp than hair so once the sweating begins it flows fast.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, fellas. I will look into those suggestions. Appreciate the help.:)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use a thick sweatband that I picked up at WalMart at $2.00 for a pack of two. I've had the same two sweatbands for almost two years and they work great, even here in Florida. They are thick enough that they absorb a lot of perspiration and they are also very comfortable under the helmet. I got them in the tennis isle of their sporting goods section.
Those are what I am rocking right now, John. And have been for years, too. But they just don't seem to be enough this summer. I got them from the same aisle at my local Wal-Mart. A great buy for sure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I myself wear UA or the like Skullcaps and they work well! I'm guessing as a lady yo might have just a wee bit more hair that would make a skullcap, well not very feasible! FEAR NOT :D I might suggest you look at Headsweats! Headsweats classics and probably the best solution might be UltraTech-Headband
Thanks, Rola. I think that might work. The cap. I've used bandanas in the past, tied in similar fashion, and found them comfortable, but the thin cotton fabric doesn't wick well enough. This may be the best of both worlds for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts