Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's some pretty awesome ones that just came out. Half the fun is hunting them down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to love hot wheels and matchbox cars when I was a kid but then I liked taking fire crackers and blowing them up too LOL wish I hadn't of done that, haha. But we have a lot of flea markets here in southern Illinois and everyone of them I have been too, there is always a stand with 100s and 100s of hot wheels and they sell fairly cheap too, lots of people don't know the value, they just want to make an extra buck. When I was a teen, I sold sports cards and I'd often go to flea markets to get more cards because people sold them for nothing not knowing that they could get a lot more, lol, I probably should of educated them on it but then again, I was a teenager, haha.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this is my wall of cars. All cars on the wall are different and they're not all up there yet. Still a work in progress.

Here's my 5 packs. After I look at this picture I realized I need to get the duster out.

These are my loose cars

This is part of the JDM section of the wall. There is some order to the madness that is the wall.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Stepped on a few over the years barefoot. Tossed them right in the trash when ever it happened.

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
wow!! I am a self confessed tom boy and I always loved the cars, treeforts, etc and anything included and my younger brothers HATED it when I brought my few cars around. However (and you as a collector will hate this) - We played with those cars till they were most likely mashed into the driveway by my father's car. Ahh the stuff we used to have from the early years - I was born in 1958 and had several of the barbie dolls when I was 5 (yes I remember) -- so when the younger brothers started getting the hot wheels in the early 70's? - and they had many --- sigh the things we had in our hands ....

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll admit i'm not that old but I had some pretty sweet ones when I was a kid that got beat up like any other kid beats up their toys. My current collection is one of my more recent fascinations. It's not even been a year yet. I've been thoroughly enjoying hunting them down and collecting them. I'd do it a lot more if I had the time and money.

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
I used to frequent flea markets and that's where I used to see this stuff in original packages. Fun things to collect and look at!

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We've got a toy store in our local mall here that sells nothing but old toys and such. There's actually 2 of them right across from one another, the one store sells mostly toys while the other has more sports memorabilia. Anyway, the one with the toys has a bunch of hot wheels including a lot of older 90s ones. They want a little much for some of them while other can be had for next to nothing. I do need to hit up some flea markets now.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I looked a long time for a 64 Dodge Max wedge like the one I raced, one day I found a dealer with 3, I now have 3. I all so have some old Porsche turbos The kids got me when I was younger 30 years ago., thay would ask what I wanted for X mass. And I have a #43 Super bird some one walked up and gave me when I was raceing.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some cars from my loose collection

BMW 2002

This one is called "Mad Manga" Its a bozuko style kenmeri skyline

Here we have a Hakosuka Skyline

Ford Focus RS

Ford Falcon Race Car V8 supercar style

Mazda RX-7

Ken Block's Ford Fiesta

AE86 Corolla

Here's a mini I put together to look like my real one

This one is actually a Matchbox car but it's an awesome mini

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I learned a ton of stuff about doing customs today. Picked up some supplies. More to come.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I've changed a few and done a few new ones. Ran out of 2-56 button heads and need some more donor cars so i'm on hold for a bit.

Fish'd & Chip'd these are modeled after a chopped top 63 mark 10 jag. I have a thing for these. This one is a stock body with the tampos removed a white interior and a wheel swap

This is the black one I had done before with all the parts from a stock blue one

This is a stock blue body, tampos removed, parts from a green one.

This one is unmolested. 2003

This is a Matchbox sedan deville that I wheel swapped

I swapped the wheels again on this bone shaker for some moon disks.

Another bone shaker wheel swap. I have 3 of this car.

Team Hot Wheels bone shaker as it comes

VW beetle wheel swap

My loose BRE Datsun

And last for now, I picked up these sweet stock car ones over the week end

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a couple more I just did

Put the real riders on my blacked out RX-7

Grew a pair and wheel swapped this with some proper wheels. Would have been an expensive mistake had I messed this one up. Lucky for me I did it perfectly. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts