Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Spiderking
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:I lived in Quebec for sometime,and had a nice Mountian bike.I use to ride like 20 odd miles to work for a friend.After sometime,i started getting very sore,from the bike seat,so i stopped riding,but that didnt make any difference,my butt got sore every time i sat down at my computer,or where ever i went,other people i knew,said they had hurt also after riding,but it went away.Well mine never did,and i believe,i have pinched the skin on my butt,how do i fix this,i saw a Dermatologist,and he just said i have a rash,but i hurt,and when its humid,i hurt more.This is very embarrasing.And i want to know if someone else,or someone has heard of bike seats causing this.And abny advice would be great.Than:confusedkyou.:(

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Sounds like you got a bad case of "saddle sores". What you said seems to point to this, especially with you saying it's worse in humid conditions. It's a result of skin friction. Here's some more information: Rivendell Bicycle Works: Saddle Sores

I'm surprised the dermatologist wasn't more helpful.

Are you wearing cycling specific padded shorts?

If you don't believe the seat is the problem, and you have a good pair of cycling shorts, the next thing to try would be a good chamois cream. My favorite is the Assos stuff: 2010 Assos Chamois Cream - Competitive Cyclist I've tried the DZ Nuts and Chamois Butt'r for comparison, and the Assos is, hands down, the best of those three IMO.

·
Spiderking
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi:I did this litte while back,in quebec.Going from joliette too St marcelline,And i believe the cause of my problem was the jeans i wore,the corners of the pockets,and the center seam,were thick,and thus now my butt is not the same,Im going to copy that paper about saddle sores,and take it to the doctor,and hope she will get me some help.I thankyou for the help and info.Will keep you informed,as to what my doctor says.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts