Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this site basically....Well, heres the story:

I know that this question probably sounds dumb....but.....

I have an 08 Komodo 1 and recently upgraded tires to some WTB Dissents 2.5 Race Model.....

I know that this question probably sounds dumb....but.....

I'm having loads of trouble with this tire....I've put tons of other tires on but not the foldable bead kind....

Basically, I can get the tire on, but the tire wobbles and dips in every direction...its the not the wheel since I just trued the wheel not too long ago...

So why is it that some parts are off centered and some parts are "sunk" into the rim more than others.....

EXAMPLE: one one side of the tire, it says dissent perfectly aligned with the rim and on the other side it cuts off half of the writing.....

How do you guys put your tires on without making them dipping in every direction???

ALL HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Inflate it so that the pressure makes it merely squishy, not hard, and squeeze it all the way around. Then inflate some more. Or over-inflate by about ten pounds, and it should pop into place.

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
Not to insult you, but do you have the right size tube?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Industry_Hack:

I tried what you said and for the back one it did help a little bit but still it dips and waves around still....As for the front one....its basically the same.....

It sucks 'cause when you get those "dips" you can feel those as you go riding on trails and so on......

Don't know why its doing this?

@Hardtail:

Hahahah......None taken.....But to answer your question, yes, I have the 2.4-2.75 tube :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts