Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
A long, long time ago, when I was working at Coca-Cola, I did quite a bit of my work from home. It was nice because I didn't have to fight the morning and evening interstate traffic to get to/from the office. On the other hand, being at the office, I had getting off of work and going home to look forward to. Working from home, at the end of the day, I had no place to go. :rolleyes:

I had getting off of work and going home to look forward to. Working from home, at the end of the day, I had no place to go. :rolleyes:
From what I've seen from family members that are working from home, the days also tend to be much longer work days. To easy to sit down in front of the computer or make "one" last call.

From what I've seen from family members that are working from home, the days also tend to be much longer work days. To easy to sit down in front of the computer or make "one" last call.
When they cut my salary by 20% (and therefore my hours), I drew a hard line. So Mondays, I work 6-2:30, and the rest of the week, it's 6-12:30. I check my email a few times later in the day, because I am dedicated to helping our customers, but if I do anything substantial, I deduct it from the following day. It's a temporary cut, but still hurts.

When they cut my salary by 20% (and therefore my hours), I drew a hard line. So Mondays, I work 6-2:30, and the rest of the week, it's 6-12:30. I check my email a few times later in the day, because I am dedicated to helping our customers, but if I do anything substantial, I deduct it from the following day. It's a temporary cut, but still hurts.
That sucks. Up until this the end of last year my son worked for I.S.C. - International Speed Corporation that owned 12 NASCAR tracks. NASCAR now owns them all and has phucked it all up. He was given a 25% pay cut and left. I'm gonna miss his job and all my free tickets and Hot pit passes :(

His pay wasn't ever going to come back regardless of what they tried to tell him.

Tuning in late but my belief is you can live in fear or you can live. Now let me caveat this with the fact there are those in the population that are “at risk”. But I highly doubt it is cyclist who routinely pedal miles per week.

Regardless of what people are trained to think by the government, this virus is essentially no worse than the flu which is as deadly to some as this virus.

The bottom line, if you feel sick, stay at home and not potentially infect others. Same concept we have been using many many decades with the flu and colds!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.