Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
If you are looking to put one together, good luck, I would find a local shop and have them do it. I have yet to see a recumbent available at a lower end store (Walmart) so I don't think the production is a simple thing.

·
Bent Newbie - old rider
144 Posts
Wally World did have a recumbent available for a while, but I think it's been discontinued. If you want to talk about building recumbents, try the Homebuilders Forum on Bentrider Online.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Building a recumbent can be as simple or as complex as you want to be. You can take a Mixte bike and weld a boom to the front, then add a few chain idlers and a plywood seat. Or you can purchase plans from various sources such as Recycled Recumbents or Atomic Zombie. If you search, you can still occasionally find TourEasy plans, originally sold by Gardner Martin of EasyRacers.

·
Bent Newbie - old rider
144 Posts
There is also the Cruzbike kit, for those wanting FWD-MBB

·
Registered
27 Posts
One of the Dallas County Community Colleges (Mountain View) offered a Continuing Education course this past summer in which participants were taught to build their own recumbent bike. There are also several homebuilders in the local recumbent group, RBENT.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
ADC at Recycled Recumbents can inexpensively sell you a pre-made bare frame, with or without a seat frame. Good for the first-time builder, who can then put all the other parts on it. Other than the seat/frame, they all go on just like with a Safety Bike (standard diamond-frame.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts