How far do you bike?

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by funetical, Aug 24, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I was talking to a friend of mine online and he said that his regular commute was ten miles back and forth. Mine is only 2 miles but ten seems to much. What the average length of your commute until you just take your car?

2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

It is 50 mi for me to just about anything, I don't think 10 miles each way would be too bad. I did work in Willows CA for a while and lived 16mi away, used to commute when weather permitted, heat was the biggest issue, over 100 for weeks at a time, but I liked the ridin, it was flat as a board though, not even a rise.
    DrB

3. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I am not a commuter but I ride allmost every day, 10 mile loop about 55min. my bike is Jamis explorer 2.0 comfort bike. baught new 6/25/09 has 581 miles on but it don,t count the miles when I forget to turn the computor on. Now 960 9-24-09

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  4. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Car-free rider here, so if it's outside my 'reasonable distance', I say, "I don't need to GO there."

I have multiple routes to commute, anywhere from the straight-in 2 miles I use in the dead of winter to a 9-miler when I feel a little froggy. I haven't done as much 'fun riding' this year, but when i do, it's usually 15-20 miles.

For 10 miles or less, I'm generally cranking about 13+ mph; over that, it drops to about 11. ( I ride MTB, btw)

Once a year, my buddy and I do the entire local MUP, presently 46 miles RT. Personal best was 3 hrs, 38 min for the whole thing.