Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last five years I have followed the Tour by subscribing via the web. Paying whichever broadcasting network that covered the Tour for their less then stellar online feed. Anyone who has done this will know that the service usually leaves allot to be desired. This year instead of paying 30$ to NBC Sports to try to follow it on my computer. I purchased the app for 15$ to watch it on my ipad. It might be too soon to say this but after watching todays coverage of the prologue (via the same wireless internet hook up that I used over the years to try to watch it on my computer ) without it ever freezing or re-buffering, I am sold. So if you are still considering how to watch this years Tour, my advice is pay half the price for the app.

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
I'll be interested to hear how it works out for ya. A quick search on my iPad and the only app I saw was the NBC Tour de France Live for 14.99. I used that last year without paying at work but I see can't even get that this year :( Guess I'll be DVR'ing it again this year.

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
___

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I actually bought both to have me covered. Hoping the web feed is better than it has been as that's how I'm hoping to watch most of it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be interested to hear how it works out for ya. A quick search on my iPad and the only app I saw was the NBC Tour de France Live for 14.99. I used that last year without paying at work but I see can't even get that this year :( Guess I'll be DVR'ing it again this year.
That is the app I was referring to. You won't find it on iTunes though only at the NBC site. Here's the link
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tour-france-live-mobile-nbc/id536362455?mt=8
So far it's not perfect but it is more reliable then watching it on my iMac.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts