Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Fig Newton guy That is my main on bike food :thumbsup:. So here is the question how long does it take after you eat them little morsels for them to start giveing you the energy say to climb a hill ???? to get in your system and give you some extra energy????

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
I know with honey, energy gels or blox, it usually takes around 15 minutes for your body to absorb and convert to energy available to be used. Fig Newton and other whole foods would probably take 30-40 minutes to be converted. *I could be wrong, so if any nutrition experts are out there, please speak up!
1!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
There may be an issue with hydration because they ate pretty dry and might need a lot fluid to digest. Don't know for sure but I'd guess that.

Are you unable to use gels/shot blocks, etc that might get into your system a little faster?

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There may be an issue with hydration because they ate pretty dry and might need a lot fluid to digest. Don't know for sure but I'd guess that.

Are you unable to use gels/shot blocks, etc that might get into your system a little faster?
Not that I know of, I just like Fig Newtons and thay take away the hungry feeling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts