Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,355 Posts
I would like to commute but after a 10 mile ride I am afraid that I will be offensive. How do commuters "freshen up"?

·
Specialized Crosstrail
150 Posts
I would like to commute but after a 10 mile ride I am afraid that I will be offensive. How do commuters "freshen up"?
Well if you fill one of these up with water you could ride and bathe at the same time. Heck you'd be "Fresh" after 50 miles...

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Been commuting for over 10 years now, car-free for 6-1/2.

Depending on where I've lived, and the location of my job (employer has 5 sites in the city), my commute has been anything from 2-9 miles one way.

Always on fat tires, can't do the road bike thing...lumbar issues.

Wanted to ride today, but it was the coldest day my town has seen in over a decade, and just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm a retired commuter pulling up another Necro thread. I at one time had a home made trailer that saw quite a bit of use. Kicking myself for selling it and my panniers. I always had a locker and a place to change at my places of employment. I'd always keep a towel and work shoes on site. Hit the restroom with the towel, freshen up a bit, mechanics usually smell bad and drag their knuckles anyway! :p

·
tall old member
1,333 Posts
I worked in a forge shop, we had showers but even if I didn't shower I probably smelled better than most of the guys. Retired last year, now I just commute to the bar. It's a biker bar (Harleys not Treks), I smell better than those guys too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts