Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to loose weight, and every night I should go biking for an hour. I want a odometer to indicate the speed and time. I hope it can effectively help me monitor my progress and improve my endurance. I have found two models:
Waterproof Multifunctional Digital LCD Bicycle Odometer + Thermometer + Clock + Stopwatch + Lamp for Outdoors
and Solar Powered Bicycle Cycle Computer Odometer
I do not know how to recognize a bike odometer good or not. Moreover, I don’t know the exact difference between these 2 odometers except that one is waterproof and the other is solar powered. Both of them can tell me the riding speed, mileage and time cycled. but the second one has more functions like thermometer, auto lamp and stopwatch. but it is more expensive. So which one I can choose? could you please give me the professional advices?

·
Registered
18 Posts
There isn't much difference between the cheapest and the most expensive, if they have the same features. I have a fifty buck Trek Incite and a three dollar no name from Meritline.com. Trek looks niftier and has a thermometer. Schwinn-branded ten buck job is available in big-box stores, works fine, the twenty dollar Schwinn adds a thermometer and a mostly useless calories and fat burned function.
Any of them will survive a rain, none will survive a soaking.
If you like the idea of wireless, Cat Eye is the leader, for good reason.

·
speedfan
53 Posts
A lot of bling

I alway ran the low cost wireless and was very pleased. I bought my Madone and it had a high end Trek brand computer. I can see no advantage to the Trek. I will buy another low end one if the Trek goes out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts