Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
Kettlebells. 10 minutes and you're done. Awesome core workout but all over body work out as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzo3LOwrShU]YouTube - ‪Killer Weight Loss Kettlebell Home Workout! I Lost 100lbs!‬‏[/ame]

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I joined the gym and use the ab machines !!
Be sure to use them correctly, and consider dropping the machine altogether. Many people don't have the proper form, which doesn't get learned on machines. No sense paying money for a gym, making the time to go, and not getting the most out of your time there.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I wrote something on this very topic:
http://integratefitness411.blogspot.com/2012/04/want-to-get-lean-go-shorter-and-go-more.html

(it might be here on the site, but I don't remember)

The long and short of it is you want to be doing "metabolic circuits." these will lean you out really well. We've used them at our studio with great results.

BUT, and this is critical, ONLY AFTER any corrective needs have been addressed first. Joint aches/pains, bum back (automatically DQ's you from this type of training), etc have to be eliminated before you do this or you WILL break.

You can get some great workouts from the "New Rules of Lifting" book series as well as "Cardio Strength Training."

Please don't hesitate to send over any questions that you've got!

·
242 Posts
I had the trainer show me how to use the equipment and I use more than just just the machines so I get my moneys worth. Thanks for the advice if I don't see a difference ill know rj

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
mom_of_3_ts said:
I had the trainer show me how to use the equipment and I use more than just just the machines so I get my moneys worth. Thanks for the advice if I don't see a difference ill know rj
Just make sure you stay away from seated machine work. They cause loss of flexibility, reduced range of motion and pattern overload with prolonged use. Master body weight first, then load movement.

Your brain only knows movements, not muscles so it's critical to build correct motor patterning with bodyweight before you do anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts

·
242 Posts
Cool thanks well i only have about 20 more lbs to lose and but I have to rebuild all my muscle its awful. But ill get it back in time

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Then I would definitely stay away from high intensity work for now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts