Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NC Road Biker
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactley on your rear is suppose to sit on the saddle?and where exactly on the saddle?I have been told your butt bones or hip bones?This right?How do u find them to know your sitting right?Thanks guys:D:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
What exactley on your rear is suppose to sit on the saddle?and where exactly on the saddle?I have been told your butt bones or hip bones?This right?How do u find them to know your sitting right?Thanks guys:D:thumbsup:
Your sit bones are easy to find. Sit on your hands and you should be able to feel them--one in each cheek. They should fit neatly on the rear of your saddle.

Here is an old thread with some more info on saddle fit....
http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f86/how-does-one-choose-saddle-909/

·
NC Road Biker
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do they feel pointy?Think i found them,lol

·
NC Road Biker
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so there suppose to be on the very back part of the saddle right?

·
NC Road Biker
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks hophead for that great pic man,that helps alot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great description!!! BTW most new cyclist complain of butt pain. It's not until you start to get into cycling condition that you put more of your weight on your legs and less on your butt. As you get into shape you will use your saddle more for stability than support.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depending on where and how you are riding your position will change as well, but for just cruising down the road the above is obviously how you will be sitting.

On the butt pain line you just have to get past the "break in" period both for the saddle and your butt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts