Howdy from North Carolina, the mountains of that is...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sugarRYDER, Jul 11, 2010.

1. sugarRYDER

sugarRYDER New Member

Hey guys,
    and Gals,
    My name is Lance, I have lived in the mtns of N.C. all my life and fell in love with mountain bikes years ago. I used to race in the Cane Creek series years ago in the XC series and my Brother raced DH. I used to have a great group of friends to ride with and since my forced retirement from cycling, marriage, car crash, career, etc etc, I have come to miss it more and more. I live just a couple miles from the A.S.U. campus, Michigan fans know what I'm talking about! I used to train there with the DH guys my brother rode with years ago and have recently started riding there again. I feel myself more drawn to the freeride area now due to my competitive streak died of old age.

Anywho, Here is my Trusty Steed. It is an early GF Sugar 2 with all the paint removed,Im not sponsored so why advertise? 1st gen Mavic Crossmax, XTR etc etc, standard XC racer from almost 10 yrs ago! God Im old:confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi from the swamp. How did your bike get all bent up ;) :rolleyes: :D

3. sugarRYDER

sugarRYDER New Member

riding it like it was meant to be!:p

4. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome....and nice ride!!!!!

5. sugarRYDER

sugarRYDER New Member

thanks for the welcome guys, looks like im gonna be buying a new rear shock. I think Im a little heavier than I was when I was freeriding before
    :hate:

6. shblanchard

shblanchard New Member

Welcome Lance, nice bike. I live in the Charlotte area, wish I were in the mountains.

7. sugarRYDER

sugarRYDER New Member

Thanks, what part of Charlotte? I have family in the Huntersville area and visit quite often. Is there anything to ride down there, I remember the trails that we used to race the River Front Classic on but anything else?

8. shblanchard

shblanchard New Member

Huntersville is a nice town. I live in Gastonia now. I lived across from UNC Charlotte last year, and rode the greenway all the time. There is a small greenway trail here, but I like the one in Charlotte better.