Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some White Lightning Wet Ride Extreme Conditions Heavy Bicycle Chain Lube (observe).

I plan on using this on the cassette and chain of my road bike.

I was wondering if it is a good idea to put this Synthetic Lubricant in the Hub (on the bearings) of my bike. I am cheap, so I'd prefer to use the Synthetic Lubricant universally. I wanted to check and make sure this was allowed though.

Thank you!

~Eusebio

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's been awhile since I had to rebuild hub bearings (or any other bearing ) since they are all sealed nowadays. So I may not really understand what you are asking, but in the bad old days of loose ball bearings you always used grease not lube.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been awhile since I had to rebuild hub bearings (or any other bearing ) since they are all sealed nowadays. So I may not really understand what you are asking, but in the bad old days of loose ball bearings you always used grease not lube.
Bah as I thought. Alright thanks for the info. My hub has loose ball bearings (old school bridgestone model from the Grant Petersen era).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bah as I thought. Alright thanks for the info. My hub has loose ball bearings (old school bridgestone model from the Grant Petersen era).
Since you have it apart you should replace all the balls, and good luck not losing any.

·
215 Posts
There's no need to replace the balls if they haven't pitted, became rusty, or were ran with no grease. I think Lance Armstrong may know something about ball replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts