Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I am trying to finish a project I've got going. I need some help with my Huret downtube shifter clamp. Does anybody know what bolt I need? An M5 seems the correct size, but doesn't want to thread in more than a couple of threads. Is there a funky thread count on the old French stuff? This is the last piece of the bike. I'm itching to get it done! Pics will be posted if I can get it finished.:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey all! I am trying to finish a project I've got going. I need some help with my Huret downtube shifter clamp. Does anybody know what bolt I need? An M5 seems the correct size, but doesn't want to thread in more than a couple of threads. Is there a funky thread count on the old French stuff? This is the last piece of the bike. I'm itching to get it done! Pics will be posted if I can get it finished.:)
I have a Huret Jubilee shifter at home, I'll check tonight. I've run into the same thing, usually because the former owner has tried to thread a metric bolt on to a replacement English threaded nut.

Scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm... This is getting weird. Please let me know what you hear. I'll keep digging and see what I can find. I'm beginning to think a different shifter clamp might be my solution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay. Problem solved. It was much easier than I thought. I took the clamp off (didn't want to damage my paint at all) and took it to the hardware store. The bolt was a #10-24. The coarse thread. Who would have thought a French company would use anything non metric?! As soon as I retro fit my Dura Ace brakes, I will be ready for the complete rebuild.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts