Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i would like to say hello as this is my first post.

I recently got back into cycling after a 25 year lay off, i was 17 the last time i got on a pushbike,i went out and bought a cheap mountain bike to get me back into it but didnt get along with offroad riding at all as i much prefered riding on the roads,only problem is i didn"t like road bikes either,didn"t really like the hunched over riding position so ended up buying a second hand "claud butler hybrid" and i love it,i wish i had bought an hybrid at the very beginning,the ride is far superior to the mtb but then again it would be as thats what its designed for,the bike weighs half what my mtb did and is just an overall better bike.
At the moment i have 700 x 38c tyres on but my front tyre is being replaced on monday,could i get away with a 700 x 32 or 35 on the front and the original 38 on the rear and would it be detrimental in any way to the ride.

cheers

·
Registered
567 Posts
I too ride a hybrid. Wasn't quite in the performance range I had wished for, but I did like the bike. So, for one of the first changes was the tires. I noticed alot of hybrids stick pretty big tires on narrow rims. So you usually have a pretty good range of options. The originals were the 700x35c. But I was able to put a set of 700x28c quite well. And..still retain a good profile. The change was amazing as far as performance goes. Coarse it all depends on the end result you're looking for. Me..was strictly for the road. When the wife peels off, cross-country style, I have to go around. Guess there's always trade-offs.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts