Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a pack like a camelbax, anyone else use one or recomend one

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a pack like a camelbax, anyone else use one or recomend one
I use a camelbak when I ride MTB. Fill it full of ice in the summer lasts a couple of hours!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I use a Camelbak MULE - MTB friendly, can take your lickies and chewies as well as tools/parts/etc

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,147 Posts
I carry a Camelbak MULE when I ride. I started using them in my MTB days and still love them now that I ride nearly all pavement and gravel road/hard surface. I ride a touring bike, not a typical roadie. The Camelbak allows me to have more range and flexibility than water bottles alone. I have ended up carrying water in the Camelbak and gatorade :eek: in the water bottles. Great range extender, especially when it's really hot out. I also loathe the idea of running out of water, so I typically carry more than I think I will need.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I'm not gonna lie - I used CamelBak products for a long time, then I met the Geigerrig. I still respect CamelBak, and they do have some great features, but I suggest you read this review, which may help with your decision.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
The fact that it's pressurized can be a huge plus if you have to share your water, or clean a scrape. We have water fights on the way back to the car after a hike.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,147 Posts
Thanks, Hack! The geigerig really looks interesting. I'll be keeping an eye out for one at the LBS.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Yeah but it isn't the velominati cramping and thirsty when you run out of water. I wear one every single day I commute on road, hybrid, MTB or recumbent.

I have a Camelbak M.U.L.E. that I've owned since 2004. One bladder later and a few replacement bite valves, it is still going strong. I like their lifetime replacement promise, which has been excellent.

The Geigerrig certainly has its good points, I think that after the M.U.L.E. chassis gives up the ghost, I'll probably make the jump over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts