Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While this isn't ground breaking news...I'm not sure I like it but then I don't hate it either. Here is an interesting video if you have not already seen it.

Colnago C59 Disc Road Bike

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I have trouble even listening to, much less taking seriously, a guy with his collar popped and those sunglasses. :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have trouble even listening to, much less taking seriously, a guy with his collar popped and those sunglasses. :)
It's funny you say that! All that kept going through my mind was Elvis which completely distracted me....my mind wonders easliy :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
But it's style!

I'm curious as to how this is going to play out; there's been a lot of pushback to disc brakes on road bikes for as long as I can remember. After last night's ride, I may become a believer.

I just hope it doesn't go the way of motorcycle disc brake development with carbon rotors, full-float, semi-float etc etc etc. It becomes pricey and you get locked into a very small selection of parts when it comes time for maintenance.

IMHO, it drives cost up which may preclude a good amount of the population from participating.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I don't even like having disks on my mountain bike much less my road bike. As Hack mentioned, it doesn't take a lot of braking power to overwhelm a postage stamp sized contact patch of tire.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Years ago I would have agreed with Poolie but I have fallen in love with the smooth reliability and power Avid Elixirs apply to the Enduro. Maybe I'm crazy but it seems like the weight:speed ratio of a road bike would make a hydraulic brake overkill. I'm not a roadie though so cut me some slack ;)

"Buldging Ridge" sounds funny coming from a fella with a popped collar....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts