I am not a violent man

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Apr 11, 2011.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Not really, I used to fight a bunch, some people might see that as violent, I saw it as crying out from a rough childhood, whatever.

As the Kitchen Manager, I am the resident hard ass. It's a role assumed by most of us.

So when a 6' 250 lbs dude is yelling at a 16 year old in front of an entire restaurant because the 2 top was sat before his 8 with no reservation I lose it.

Let me explain to those of you who never have worked in food.

2 people take up less space, so regardless of how many people you have, if a 2 top opens up, they don't wait they sit the 2. If you come in with a party of 8 without a reservation, expect it to take a moment, especially if a larger table is already sat and waiting.

I had to stop what I was doing, walk out from behind my shroud of mystery (swinging double doors) as the general public rarely sees me, and go throw this guy and his party out of the restaurant.

I felt sorry for the Assistant Manager as she has never had to deal with this before.

So this guy starts running his mouth when I ask him to leave. He stares me dead in my eyes, I then ball up my fist, he screams something like "You think you're going to hit me?", before I had a chance to, a cop walked into the door, ready to eat, and was in shock.

After some questioning the guy running his mouth was asked never to return. I had to go back in the kitchen and did not get a chance to talk to the cops.

I hate people, did I ever mention that?

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

You handled that totally wrong. Next time, exit the kitchen waving a cleaver and yammering in some unidentifiable foreign language.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I have a friend that did that and went to jail.

Same dude ended pulling a gun on a homeless person and going to jail again.

4. Industry_Hack

Ok, replace the cleaver with a frozen roast.

5. Garilia

Garilia New Member

I'm thinking of having a sex change, so I can say, "I used to be a violent man when I was younger, but not any more."

Meanwhile, I hate bullies, and these cowards are absolutely the pricks who pick on younger, smaller people, and then would call the cops when met with some resistance.

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Then I'm just doing my job.

7. cwtrials

cwtrials Biking With a Mission

When I was 16 I worked at the local bike shop as a mechanic and one day found myself being screamed at by the owner of a local power lifting gym... he was well over 6' and 250 lbs. We almost had to call the cops.

Lesson learned: Don't take roids.

8. Garilia

Garilia New Member

Sounds like a good time to teach someone a lesson in meat friction.

9. cwtrials

A couple months ago I came home to find my drunk neighbor screaming at my wife (she's extremely petite) while she's holding my daughter (9 months) because she asked him why he kept on coming up onto our porch and going through the mail...

Luckily he was not drunk enough to realize how angry I was. As soon as I show up suddenly he's all "yes sir" and "I'm sorry"

People are stupid.

p.s. funetical... sorry to turn your thread into a personal vent. Seemed like a good opportunity to talk about stupid people. Good thing for cops at the right time

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

No, I understand that.

My wife says I can't fight anymore, in fact it's been like four years since the last one, but if I ever walked into that, I wouldn't ask questions, I would just start hitting.

11. Industry_Hack

My wife knows where the we keep the loaded .357, and she knows how to use it.

12. cwtrials

I'll never throw the first punch. I figure spending a night in jail won't really help my wife very much. Man did I want to though.

13. chibibike

chibibike Banned

GOSH, me and my hubby are always strapped!

14. cwtrials

All of the situations in this thread thus far have nothing to do with carrying a weapon. I often carry myself, but it is of course the final final plan. An angry patron, drunk neighbor, etc. are no time to start flashing a gun because the situations can be handled without one.

Back to thread: angry people are excessively frustrating

15. Industry_Hack

By strapped, are you implying that you carry a gun?

16. chibibike

chibibike Banned

yeah both of us do. cause we're gangsta like that!

17. Industry_Hack

18. chibibike

chibibike Banned

well my hubby carrys his issued gun usually which is a sig and sometimes he carrys his backup which is a sub compact xd 9mm and I usually carry a .380 semi auto which is real thin and small so that's why i usaully prefer it but I also carry a xd just like his sometimes too just depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing.

19. Garilia

Garilia New Member

I figure her hubby likes it when she straps one on.

20. Garilia

Garilia New Member

oh gawd