Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally. Now we can get started!!!!! Later.. Haha. But for now, I'm a newbie yeah, but I hope to become more knowledgeable about bikes. It's been my hope for the past year to be able to work on my own bike. And others. Most people in my neighborhood that ride bikes are kids, well, I'm a kid. I'm 15. But they're younger. I want to be able to help them fix their bike if it's screwy or whatnot. So, I hope you guys help me out and don't make me look like an idiot. Thank you. :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
You da man! Congrats on figuring this out :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Becasue.. They.. Hmmm.. Free parking? o_O
We wouldn't we'd be idiots:) LOL

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
If you have a air pump and can patch a tube you are on your way to being a good mechanic. If you can get a copy of, Zinn and the art of mountain bike maintence ,5th edition, a verry good book. it is all in there.
Have Fun

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, you guys are really helpful and encouragable : ]

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Hack Any chance you got any connections that will send the kid a copy of either the Zinn book or the Park Tool book gratis??
Even I don't have the Park book - I just use their site. As far as the Zinn book, well, they sent me a copy for personal use, but only because I spotted a typo in their press release.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neato:) Haha

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Oh well, if he wants it bad enough the information is out there. The Park Tool site is great that should deal with most of the problems. The rest we can probably answer here. The question becomes, is there enough drive and desire to go out and get it. This time I think there is and I hope he proves me right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh well, if he wants it bad enough the information is out there. The Park Tool site is great that should deal with most of the problems. The rest we can probably answer here. The question becomes, is there enough drive and desire to go out and get it. This time I think there is and I hope he proves me right.
I Will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts