Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to the let's say bicycle world, I have upgraded to a 2010 Trek 2.3
road bike. I get to pick her up Thursday at my LBS. I have not been riding long and have been on a Schwinn mountain bike w/road tires. Although I love the Schwinn and will keep it for shorter rides, it's ride time will be less. I am 50 years old and really enjoy riding, I feel I have made the right decesion due to the research I have done on the Trek bike. The bike and all the add on things will come in at very close to two grand. I feel I will not have to upgrade any time soon. Thanks for the forums, I enjoy reading and learning. BTW, I live in East Tennessee..................... gotta love hills.

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
Enjoy your new bike. Riding a road bike has really changed my perspective on the sport. Still love and ride my Crosstrail as well.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Good luck with the new bike :thumbsup: and, ride it till the wheels fal off :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
:thumbsup: Congrats on the purchase!!!!! And Welcome to the Forum!!!! I think you are going to be really happy you made the purchase. I can't imagine life without my road bike. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just outside of Knoxville, about 40 minutes from Cades Cove. Cades Cove just reopeded last weekend....... 11 miles of beautiful, freshly paved road. Awesome ride.. I am assuming everyone has heard of Townsend, Tennessee.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Townsend TN is the worst place in the entire world. Everytime I have gone there I end up spending way to much money at the Little River Fly shop and spending way to much time in the river or up in Tremont Creek letting the fish, and my wife make fun of how I am flinging my flyrod around, while they are laughing at me. But I am a glutton for punishment I go there regularly and laugh with them. Beautiful place. Someday I hope to actually catch a fish up there. Maybe that is why it is called fishing and not catching.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like you know what and where I am talking about, commonly known as "God's Country". It's also a challenge to ride here most of the time. I picked a heck of a place to want to ride a bicycle, not 500 yards of flatland anywhere. lol lol lol lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts