Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BTW- This wasn't me in the pic since my camera crew had the day off LOL. Now just waiting for my shoulder to stop hurting, think I have a minor rotator cuff injury. Going down fire road too fast and lost traction in the front then OTB I went straight onto my shoulder. Lesson learned, don't get too complacent about local trails. Overconfidence got the better of me. Bikes OK though and that's the important part, ha ha!

·
Lone Wolf
9 Posts
Every time I thought I was getting pretty good, on the local off road trails, I found out I wasn't. Over confidence hurts sometimes.;)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Look at it this way. Getting your pride hurt and a minor shoulder injury is a small price to pay to get rid of over confidence. Instead of hit to the shoulder, it could have just as easily been a hard hit to the head. Those hurt a lot worse, or sometimes you just never knew what hit you and you don't feel a thing. Thankfully you are going to be ok and what you learned from the crash might prevent another one that would have been far more serious. Get well

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Now I'm just itching to get back on the bike, but have to wait a bit for the arm to heal.

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
I think the thing that has saved my butt more then anything is that when I started riding it was BMX. The skill sets learned there have taught me how to crash effectively. Sounds crazy, but I have come out of some nasty situations with little to no major injuries. I'm now 31 and still ride like I'm 16, so it helps!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think the thing that has saved my butt more then anything is that when I started riding it was BMX. The skill sets learned there have taught me how to crash effectively. Sounds crazy, but I have come out of some nasty situations with little to no major injuries. I'm now 31 and still ride like I'm 16, so it helps!
Same here. I like to think that I got all of my wipeouts out of the way during my BMX days. Believe me, there were plenty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts