I discovered more than I wanted to about a local trail ...

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by awinter, Sep 7, 2010.

1. awinter

awinter No longer a newb!

[​IMG]

BTW- This wasn't me in the pic since my camera crew had the day off LOL. Now just waiting for my shoulder to stop hurting, think I have a minor rotator cuff injury. Going down fire road too fast and lost traction in the front then OTB I went straight onto my shoulder. Lesson learned, don't get too complacent about local trails. Overconfidence got the better of me. Bikes OK though and that's the important part, ha ha!

2. georgec

georgec Member

Looks like Nigal taught you how to ride.lol

Hope your ok.

3. cruiser

cruiser Lone Wolf

Every time I thought I was getting pretty good, on the local off road trails, I found out I wasn't. Over confidence hurts sometimes.;)

4. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Look at it this way. Getting your pride hurt and a minor shoulder injury is a small price to pay to get rid of over confidence. Instead of hit to the shoulder, it could have just as easily been a hard hit to the head. Those hurt a lot worse, or sometimes you just never knew what hit you and you don't feel a thing. Thankfully you are going to be ok and what you learned from the crash might prevent another one that would have been far more serious. Get well

5. awinter

awinter No longer a newb!

Thanks guys! Now I'm just itching to get back on the bike, but have to wait a bit for the arm to heal.

6. Gomez

Gomez Member

Whoa! Holy smokes that looks fun!:thumbsup:

7. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Not me. I'm accomplished at all things two wheeled.

[​IMG]

8. Gomez

Gomez Member

Aahhhahaa! Thanks for the Monday morning laughs.

9. Hardtail

Hardtail Ridin Dirty

I think the thing that has saved my butt more then anything is that when I started riding it was BMX. The skill sets learned there have taught me how to crash effectively. Sounds crazy, but I have come out of some nasty situations with little to no major injuries. I'm now 31 and still ride like I'm 16, so it helps!

10. SG78

SG78 New Member

Same here. I like to think that I got all of my wipeouts out of the way during my BMX days. Believe me, there were plenty.