Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a total of 420 peps logged in here;20 members and 400 guests and it's still slow, sup wit dat? I can't believe nobody has anything to say :confused: I guess it is a Saturday evening and most have a life with something else to do....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
.....I guess it is a Saturday evening and most have a life with something else to do....
Sadly, my idea of Saturday night excitement was sitting in the basement cleaning my bike.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm more of a "replier" than a thread starter. There really haven't been many threads for me to reply to, without digging up thread corpses from the "old days".

The thread about the shop is the exception, of course.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I just can't seem to get into the vibe here.

doesn't seem geared towards me.

I'm more Mountain Bike, this place seems more "Roadie"

there is no sense of community - it's just a place people ask biking questions.

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just can't seem to get into the vibe here.

doesn't seem geared towards me.

I'm more Mountain Bike, this place seems more "Roadie"

there is no sense of community - it's just a place people ask biking questions.
That's a bummer....

I'm curious what other biking communities you are visiting that appeal to you?. I suppose this is more "roadie" because that's who's posting :) Just for my personal curiosity can you direct me to one that has a "sense of community"?

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
All forums slow down during the summer. The reason the guest count is so high is that folks are reading threads that they probably found through a search engine. Although it lacks the Aussie presence, this site actually has a good community feel to it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I guess to each his own, but considering that we're spread all over the country... and beyond, I think it has very much a community feel.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
This site seems very community oriented to me. I have received mucho helpo from a variety of people that were willing to give of their time for me. Getting to know at least a couple of people a little better with possibilities of developing friendships and good times.

Try giving a bit of yourself and see what happens bro.

·
Registered
927 Posts
well... I visit a lot of different community pages (forums) but not all biking related.

I'm a PC gamer, so I visit a few gaming sites a few times a day.
I'm a new MTB'er - and I visit 2 biking sites, this one and Singletracks.com
Singletracks is a Mountain Bike Community- so I guess it has more topics and subjects that are more in line with why I am there.
I'm also a Christian, it's hard to find a good wholesome family-friendly sites anywhere on the net today. I like a forums with adult moderation as far as topics and content.
I haven't removed this site from my favorites yet... I was just participating and sharing my point of view - I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The nice thing about this site over another one I visit is this site is much more friendly. The other site looks to be much larger and more hard core driven. If you don't ride like they ride or ride what they do you just suck type's..

Big plus I have met and riden with someone from this site and thats so cool...

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The nice thing about this site over another one I visit is this site is much more friendly. The other site looks to be much larger and more hard core driven. If you don't ride like they ride or ride what they do you just suck type's..

Big plus I have met and riden with someone from this site and thats so cool...
Where's the "like" button when you need it?

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
well... I visit a lot of different community pages (forums) but not all biking related.

I'm a PC gamer, so I visit a few gaming sites a few times a day.
I'm a new MTB'er - and I visit 2 biking sites, this one and Singletracks.com
Singletracks is a Mountain Bike Community- so I guess it has more topics and subjects that are more in line with why I am there.
I'm also a Christian, it's hard to find a good wholesome family-friendly sites anywhere on the net today. I like a forums with adult moderation as far as topics and content.
I haven't removed this site from my favorites yet... I was just participating and sharing my point of view - I don't expect everyone to agree with me.
Get the ball rolling here with some MTB stuff...I have no clue about any of that so I'm pretty useless!

I used to hit a lot of different forums for different hobbies and for the most part closed the doors to all of them.

The absolute worst were some of the sites I used to hit for 4 wheel'n. If you had a nOob question and didn't quite get in the right area or whatever you were berated unmercifully. Everybody was a 4 link master but nobody could make it work right :)

The profanity, rudeness, and arrogant attitudes are a complete turn off to me and that applies to most anything on the net anymore. The net has made a perfect place for people to hide behind a keyboard, or whatever device you use to gain access. It can make you anything you want to portray yourself as and I am very leery of 95% of what is put out there. I have had the good fortune of making some new friends from this site. I actually got to meet and ride with M_Wales and hope to get to do it again real soon! Looks like we will be riding a century together this fall.

I have not had the good fortune of meeting Hazy or Nigal yet, but our acquaintance has gone beyond Twospoke. All of which to say I have never bothered to try something like that before. I meet people, say for example, to buy parts from them or something like that.

Ok...sorry got carried away, back off my soapbox:)

I hope you get what I'm trying to say here and hope to see you stick around!!

Oh and how could I forget, I even got an offer from an engineer here to look at my bike when I had some trouble earlier this year and he extended an offer that was so incredible I was shocked. Alex was ready to jump in and help with no solicitation at all and I can promise I have never had that kind of support from any other forum I have used!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts