Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a nice week away and went to New York last week. primarily because we had tickets to game 4 of the Yankees vs. Twins playoff series...course the Yankees had to screw that up and sweep the Twins in 3 games...sorry back on topic. After a week of travels through the Hudson Valley and the Catskills I now have no doubt that I am a flatlander and have serious doubts about being able to ride and keep pace in those hills. On the way home we rode down part of Skyline Drive. I would love to "TRY" and ride that someday. I have no doubt I'm no where ready for that yet...I think :) Took the time and hit a couple shops up there in the area where we stayed. Saw Dark Horse Cycles and American Road Cycling: Complimentary Display Ad

All this to say, in my mind, I have accepted the fact I'm a flatlander and my "little" rolling hills don't compare. I have also accepted the fact that I have great people to ride with and great shops here that are second to none !

That is all !
Have a GREAT day !

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: My bad, I know nothing about BMX. Someone in NY at a shop called me that !

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Not many hils here in the Swamp, just 3 little ones down the road then 30 miles of flat to the shore. O yea thay are there on the way home too :rolleyes: :eek: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts