I got hit by a Car!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Sep 30, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

So I'm leaving work yesterday about five. I'm peddling up Guadalupe, (if your familiar with Austin it's a busy street) minding my own business, trying not to get hit. I'm cruising north and I pass One of the feeder roads with a stop sign. As I'm passing out of the corner of my eye I see a flash and smack I'm on the ground. I wear a helmet when I ride thank god because this is my nightmare but the story gets worse. I spring up just in time to see the car that had pulled out past the stop sign peeling out in reverse! They managed to hit my back tire and nothing else, but since I was thrown from my bike in an awkward frontal motion, I'm bruised and bleeding and in shock. So I start looking around and no one even bothers to stop to see if I'm OK. Nobody attempted to get the license plate nothing. By the time I realize this the car is out of sight and I have no chance of catching him. I hobbled down the street to a corner store where I sat down and collected myself. I called the wife and had her pick me up. Now I got blood in my jeep and my bike looks like it was involded in a hit and run. I'm sore but I'm no worse for the wear. I thought about going to the hospital but I think I'm ok. I thought about going to the police but last time I had to call them for a hit and run it took them 3 hours, to show up, and a traffic cop was present at the time I was hit!
    I had been waved through a marathon crossing, and as I made it through a black truck busted an illegal u turn, stopped then pushed my wife's 01 grand am on the curb hi centering me. That time a passing motorist chased the guy down but the second the guy who did the chasing got out of the car the guy that hit me bailed again! The cop that was directing traffic just stood there and even commented to me that the guy was an ***hole before telling me to call it in on my cell phone. I have no faith in the APD.

2. Biker

Biker New Member

Wow. You ok? Austin sucks huh?

3. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I'd say "unbelievable," but unfortunately, it's totally believable and this kind of $hit happens waaaaaaaaay too often.

Glad to hear that you survived the incident.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've had friends get worse. It happens all the time here. A month ago a biker was killed. I'm still in a daze. It's weird.

5. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Very scary. Glad you are okay. How's the bike?

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Seems ok. I got it a garage sale so it wasn't in the greatest condition. The back tire is out of whack and my handle bars are out of alignment, but nothing that cant be easily fixed.

7. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Glad your ok . I can't belive how many hit and runs there are these days, allmost every night or so you hear of one on the news.

8. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

That REALLY SUCKS!!!!! :mad:

Why is Austin so bad, is it because we just hear more about it, or are the motorists really that bad??? Seems like everybody who rides there has some bad experiences with cars...:eek:

But like others have said, at least you are gonna be ok.

I guess there are some advantages of living in the sticks, I usually only see 3 or 4 cars on a 15mi ride.

DrB

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It's both, The city just isn't built for as many people as are crammed in it. The drivers are crazy 'causer in order to keep up you got to be crazy. It sucks. And like I said APD is a joke.

10. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

Glad your good...

I've been riding for a long time and have never had an accident. A riding partner was taken out by a car door being opened once. She was right next to me...then gone!:eek:

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Update, I'm soar but good. Wife was scarred half to death. Cool new stains to replace old non cool stains. Raises a question, how do you get blood of upholstery?