Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my surgery Tuesday and the doctor says NO BIKE for 6 weeks :mad:He said i would have no stamina and unable to get more than maybe a block from my house. So I guess I'm going to have to start completely over by the time I'm able to ride again. AND THAT SUCKS.....

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Must be one heck of surgery :D

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it is having gastic bypass.. been able to ride 20-30 miles and now don't know what's going to happen.. but by spring I expect to have a lot of weight gone and maybe make it up to 60 miles a day :)

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Good luck you'll be back in the saddle in no time :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
If the doctor said you wont be able to ride more than a block, after the incisions heal which should take less than 6 weeks, ride a half a block out and a half a block back until you build your stamina. Then increase it to 2 blocks and so on and so forth.

Question, is the doctor a cyclist? If not, then what the hell does he know about it?

I had carpal tunnel surgery and was told no cycling for 8 weeks. Of course the doctor did not tell me this until after the surgery, even though he knew I am a cyclist. I more or less told him yeah right. I back on the bike in a week with no pain or discomfort from riding. Had the doctor said no cycling for 8 weeks before my surgery I would have fired him and found another one.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Yeah it is having gastic bypass.. been able to ride 20-30 miles and now don't know what's going to happen.. but by spring I expect to have a lot of weight gone and maybe make it up to 60 miles a day :)
Hope all goes well. We have a friend that went through that a year or so ago and just recently went through another surgery to have all the excess skin removed. I think she lost over 200 pounds or so. It's been a life changing event for her. Not easy at times, but she said it was the best thing to ever happen to her. She's running a 5k this morning.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Question, is the doctor a cyclist? If not, then what the hell does he know about it?
He might know a bit about septic shock. But since I don't see any initials after your name, it's best to not give out medical advice. Especially since comparing wrist surgery to abdominal surgery is like apples to crankshafts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts