Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Rola and I have Bert's Bees addiction! I have no less than 10 tubes of Burt's Bees medicated, sun blocking and honey (and a couple spares- just in case!) lip blam :D
Actually the stuff is so hard to find around here I tend to buy 2 at a time when I find it. I loose it, it gets turned up into the cap and mushed, melts in my pocket you name it, prolly done it. For all you counters gotcha! It's only 9 Burt's Bees, one Chap stick and one Banana Boat Sport 50

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I think you single handedly keep Burt in business ;-)

My last experience with Burt's products was not a good one (my own fault). Last summer I was fishing a bass tournament with my brother and I had a handy dandy tube of Burt's sun block I was keeping on my lips because they blister easily in the sun. Through out the day I continued to apply it. Later in the day my brother looks at me and says, man... your lips look like they're on fire, you should put something on them. I pulled the tube from my pocket to have a closer look and... yep. It's not sun block, it's just regular lip balm. For the next two weeks my lips looked horrible.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you single handedly keep Burt in business ;-)

My last experience with Burt's products was not a good one (my own fault). Last summer I was fishing a bass tournament with my brother and I had a handy dandy tube of Burt's sun block I was keeping on my lips because they blister easily in the sun. Through out the day I continued to apply it. Later in the day my brother looks at me and says, man... your lips look like they're on fire, you should put something on them. I pulled the tube from my pocket to have a closer look and... yep. It's not sun block, it's just regular lip balm. For the next two weeks my lips looked horrible.
When I was younger I got that stuff on my lips and it was NASTY, I hated dealing with it. Sun = fever blisters= pain!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I got some Aloe-Up to try. Their stuff is all aloe based. Given the choice between free Burt's and free Aloe-Up, I chose the aloe. Just personal preference.

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
Rola - you're a hoarder!

Ok, so I have discovered I'm a food hoarder - I'm a single person and I commute so when I have a chance - and or make several trips a week especially when good sales are on - I'm there. I'm really a hoarder in the winter as I tend not to really pack out my panniers so heavy.

And then - I discover - as a single female I seem to have accumulated 24 cans of soup (I stuff them in my back pack for emergencies for work ...), 3 packs of hot dogs (oh my) 5 boxes of cereal - and it goes on - and don't talk to me about hair products. k, time to use the stuff, hehe

I seem to "peak" and "keel" so I'm keeling down and reducing mystuff. You ... :D haz a lot of lip balm. :D:D

I like burt's bees but I cannot find the Burt's Bees Tangerine and mint lip balm. I loved that stuff :(

·
'57 Schwinn Wasp
224 Posts
I almost didn't read this thread because I didn't think I really wanted to know your secret. :rolleyes: imagine my relief to find it was just a lip balm hoarding situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts