I just like this photo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rola643, Apr 7, 2011.

1. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Attached Files:

2. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Oh yeah they are making such a huge deal about it but the hype is BS. If there was a "shutdown" less than 1 in 4 federal workers would actually not be working. All essential government business would carry on. But of course the pundits will not let the chance to blame the opposing side for it and make political hay.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I think your wording is off. Less than 1 in f federal employees actually work right now. A few of them losing their jobs really shouldn't be a concern.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Good, it seams it's time for some change, or at least one could only hope.

5. Nigal

People freak out when you suggest, say 20% spending cuts and claim old people would die, children would starve and families would become homeless. If you ask most people if they would be willing to cut back to 2000's spending levels and they say, "Sure.".

That would constitute a 60% cut. THAT'S how bad they've screwed us.

6. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

funny thing about all of this is watching democrats blame republicans for the budget not being excepted when the deadline is in October and the democrats had majority at that time and did not submit a plan let alone pass one.... now the republicans can blame them and nothing will get done.
    strange how the people are not ever considered in decisions by either side.
    well, still in my opinion the best political system in the world..... sad that people can't just do what is right. politics makes me sad...:(

7. sorbut

sorbut New Member

It really is pathetic!

With all the talking heads and subsequent spin, everyone has an answer. Thing is, it is the same old rhetoric and none of it makes me feel any better. Most makes me sick. :mad:

I hope the hard line gets held. This is a time where serious change needs to happen.

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

This is how all nations fall. Stupid imperialism.

9. bradsalex

bradsalex New Member

What I love is all of the talk about them suspending the pay for out nations military. I have heard many different rumors about either not getting paid at all or only getting half pay for a month. This is a bad, bad deal and I hope it doesn't happen. There will be a lot of families that will get behind in bills and possibly lose cars or other things. I know that there have been numerous other people that have lost much more in the recession but there is a funny catch to this one...
    Even if the government doesn't pay us at all we still have to go to work. According to our contracts we legally still have to report to work whether we get paid or not.

10. Industry_Hack

Ok, that's funny. My daughter's husband is in the Marines. He'll make far less than $30k for his twelve months in Afghanistan, and has already seen combat. Her mother's new husband is ex-military/PD/SWAT, and is over there as a government contractor. He's not likely to get shot at, but as a contractor, will get $186k tax free, for his twelve months.

Your government at work.

11. bradsalex

bradsalex New Member

I don't get the news being here in Cuba and all, but now apparently we are only getting half of our monthly pay. I've been saying for years that America is going to fall into a state of Anarchy, just didn't think it would be this quick. Man, I hope people have sufficient money in their savings accounts to hold them over for something like this... it's said that we will get reimbursed when the budget gets approved... is that really what's holding back our source of living... agreeing on the budget? Well, the government is going to pay us regardless of the budget, so lets use that part of it to pay military and they can gripe about cuts else where on their own time. Maybe they should only get half their six figure pay until they resolve the budget... maybe then something would get done.

12. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

maybe they should get none of there pay!

hope they work it out soon for those of you that are serving the nation

13. Industry_Hack

Please send me some care packages.

14. Nigal

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9TgFSAlEkU]YouTube - Final Countdown to Government Shutdown![/ame]

15. bradsalex

bradsalex New Member

:) Trust me I would love to be able to send some "care" packages home from Cuba with authentic Cuban merchandise inside... but we are not even allowed to go into Cuba itself. We are on the base which is a sectioned area on the coast of Cuba. We are not allowed to go onto "Cuban" soil because it's a communist country and all... So that means I can't get any good 'ol Cubans...

16. Nigal

That embargo is the dumbest thing. We embargo Cuba, our neighbor, yet China is our most favored trading partner.

I knew a guy who would send his Canuck friend a box of Honduran cigars and a week later a box of ?Cubans with Honduran bands would magically appear in the mail.

17. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

A one week reprieve so we can carry on with all the drama!