Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after many long hours hard years, lots of seat lots of blood (literally) my time as employed has come to an end. As I as leaving last night, my friend I worked for asked me for my keys, I asked "Am I being Fired"

"No." it was evident he was upset.

"What happened?"

"No more money, investors want out, bank wont loan any more, we're done."

"Well F***."

I'm expecting a call from him, we are supposed to hang out and talk some things through. He was trying to make it through Christmas so people wouldn't get worried, everyone knew there were problems though so I think most of us are prepared. I have dishwasher that cried. Whatever.

I was about to go for a ride, was thinking of you guys. I appreciate all the support.

My wife is freaked, I'm OK. I'll land on my feat, I'm good at what I do, I have good references, I have numbers to support my claim, but when business men make bad decisions, I can't be held responsible.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm hoping so.

My Wife is freaking out, I have an interview in the afternoon. I called them yesterday, they said to stop by. We'll see. It's a catering company.

I've said it before, things tend to work out how they should. I have no worries, I managed to save enough to keep up a float for a bit.

We'll see...

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It went well. I think I should here something back. They can't pay me anywhere near what I have made the past couple of years, although that was still bellow the poverty line, so... I keep looking. Everyone I've talked to is surprised I'm out the day after losing my job. Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

I feel like I was born in the wrong time. I work hard, I'm industrious, and I refuse to be beat down by life. Isn't this what we are all going through?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Isn't that what you're supposed to do?
What we're supposed to do and what's the norm are two different things anymore. Seems like most just want a hand-out and somehow feel entitled to it. My wife was telling me today that a co-worker of hers was complaining that she can't claim her live-in boyfriend/baby daddy on her taxes since he refuses to get a job. Complaining even though they don't want to get married because that would affect her single mother status on taxes and would lessen the state support she gets for being single.

Good to see you got the right attitude and ambition. Best of luck, Fun! We're all thinking of you and your family.

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
Best of luck man! Suck to hear it.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What we're supposed to do and what's the norm are two different things anymore. Seems like most just want a hand-out and somehow feel entitled to it. My wife was telling me today that a co-worker of hers was complaining that she can't claim her live-in boyfriend/baby daddy on her taxes since he refuses to get a job. Complaining even though they don't want to get married because that would affect her single mother status on taxes and would lessen the state support she gets for being single.

Good to see you got the right attitude and ambition. Best of luck, Fun! We're all thinking of you and your family.

I went to a donuts shop by my apt. at 5 this morning. The old German guy was real receptive, I think. I don't know, Germans are tough to read. I guess I'm starting the unemployment process, I don't know yet.

I thank everyone for their support. It's nice to have a place to come and unload. After things started going downhill I was looking for ways to move a comp in the kitchen so I could still be online, but after letting a lot of the staff go, I realized it wasn't an option.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
2 interviews in 2 days. I thought you said you wanted a job. You should be putting in 20-30 apps a day and going to 5-8 interviews per day geez what a lazy bum. Man I can't believe you are lazing around like you are. You should be ashamed of yourself. Get a job ya bum.:p

Seriously though, sad to hear the last job ended, but glad you are upbeat and positive. Like you said it will work out. This may be what you needed. When one opportunity ends another one begins and you never know this one just may turn out to be an excellent deal for you that will get you a better job with less hours and lots more money. Best wishes in your search.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
That sucks. I was laid off last year. I was unemployed for a while, then I found one job and now I work at another job making the same coin I was before but doing something I like more. You'll bounce back, I'm sure of it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts