Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first bike, the one that was not a hand-me-down, was stolen after about one summer of use. I loved that bike enough to ride it in the snow, which my dad forbid me to do.

I harbored some resentment towards bicycling in general for years. Until last spring, in an effort to be more active and fill the extra time I've had since I quit smoking (yay!); I fell in love with a 2010 Specialized Crosstrail Comp.

Now that I've started riding again I can't get enough. I live in Alaska and found an old bike to rebuild for winter use. Hopefully I get it ready before winter is over!

I'm glad i found this forum!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome to TwoSpoke! Glad to have you. Wow! Winter riding in AK. I think I'm really doing something when I go for a ride with temperatures in the 20s.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to Two Spoke. We have a couple of things in common I quit smoking about three years ago and I have a Specialized Crosstrail as well.

·
Two skinny J's
21,360 Posts
Welcome ! Spent 4 GREAT years in Anchorage and loved every minute of it ! Short riding season up there tho. Course guess the flip side is you can ride a lot of hours in the summer month(s) :)

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
HI from the Swamps of South Jersey.
Funny I was thinking that Huffy I put a chain on would be a good snow bike, I am not sure about the gearing 50x21, I took the derailers off. I guess I could allways go down to the middle chain ring,or evean the little one.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts