Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing something right.

I began bicycling again after about 12 year layoff last year. I was never a competitive rider ( other than tryin to best myself ) but did it for fitness on a Trek 820 mountain bike. Which I still have and use for my commutes to work.

Anyway I began again last April by riding a 3 mile route with a decent hill near the end at a forced pace that was SLOOOOOOOW!:eek:

By the end of the year ( ok early November ) I was 25 lbs. lighter and riding a regular 16 mile route. I was hooked and searching for a road bike to enable me to lengthen my routes. I resumed riding again at the end of January as I was over not riding just because it was a lil cold. Started doing a 10 mile route which was taking me 45 minutes as well as a commute to work. In Feb I got the road bike I had saved for and decided upon after extensive research.

Here it is April and this is what I did this evening. :)

27mi. Trainer3 by matts305 at Garmin Connect - Details

I have asked several questions that have been answered with classy and sincere people that have helped/encouraged me to make the small gains I have made so far.

Just wanted you guys to know I am thankful for that.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Glad we could help you! I'm looking forward to more updates on your progress. We've been lucky here at TwoSpoke lately to get great new members like yourself. Have fun out there!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hazy

Congrats on such an amazing ride!! Though I am new to the forum, I already know what you mean about the folks here..They are definitely great people!! don't forget about all the effort YOU put in!! And remember- No gain is small if its in the direction you want to be going!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts