I think I need to get some new tires

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by hophead, Sep 7, 2009.

1. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I love Kenda Nevagals for xc, but they met their match and lost at Wisp on a single black DH trail yesterday.

A couple hundred yards into "High Roller" my front tire ripped open and came off the rim. That's a really bad thing on a DH trail. Lucky for me, I didn't eat it. I think it's time to go to something a little more heave duty.
    [​IMG]

2. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Oh now come on all you need is a little duct tape and that tire is as good as new.:p

3. Biker

Biker New Member

What are you complaining about, when I was a kid I had to ride on those back and forth uphill both ways to school and we never did any Complaining.

4. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

But you were one of those lazy kids. I would always stuff mine with rocks dirt and grass. A tire that has been skidded on so many times it blows out will not hold air but it will hold rocks dirt and grass. Plus you get a long break when you stop and fill a tire with those items. Pumps, patches and spare tubes are just to much weight for a cool guy to be hauling around.

5. Biker

Biker New Member

Thank you. Someone who understands.

6. crazystreet

crazystreet Guest

Thats a good idea, reminds me of gilligans island

7. Biker

Biker New Member

Your just saying that 'cause I wear a coconut Bra when I ride.

8. biggie

biggie Guest

What's with those "Kevlar" tires out there? Are they really kevlar? Anyone tried shooting at one?

9. Biker

Biker New Member

Did you look it up on you Tube. It may have happened and nobody knows!

10. darkangel

darkangel Guest

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_x0qPM8Ok]YouTube - How Are Bicycle Tyres Made[/ame]

meh, they claim its using bullet proof kevlar but they dont shoot at the tires to test it :(

is tyre the british way of spelling it?