Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, your best 'excuses'

For example, 'I was going to ride today, but I had to put lard on the cat's boils'

For me, today, it was because I ending up having to unblock the drains at the back of the house following a slight flood after a torrential downpour. I could have still ridden cos the sun came out, but after my rather unpleasant exertions, the lure of lounging in the garden with a bottle of wine was far too tempting. Maybe tomorrow.......

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Cuz I turned the alarm off...that is all, carry on!

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cuz I'm riding Tomorrow :cool:
Ahhh but, did you intend to ride today, and changed your mind to do it tomorrow, or did you have no intention of riding today....examine your conscience or logic please.
:p

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Wow, my buddy just called and I'm glad I didn't go today 22.6 mph avg. I would have been trying desperately to hold onto someones wheel...

·
600 Posts
My excuse is...my wheels are busted...:(

(my new bike thread) - sorry, still blowing off steam about this - :mad:

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My favourite is usually that the dog looked at me funny

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
I've had motivation issues since being on vacation last week and today's forecast isn't helping any... 85* @ noon with a realfeel /heat nindex of 102? That's some brutal humidity...

Attachments

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have just done a 30 miler ( first proper ride in 18 months). I may bore everyone with it on the other thread. However it was not 85 degrees and I was nowhere near 22 mph. But it felt great!!!! And I did not go into cardiac arrest either! Lucky really.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not that this has anything to do with the thread, I'm just recovering in the garden after my ride, and the RedArrows RAF display team have just flown over my back garden! Maybe I am hallucinating......

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
For some reason I thought they flew a Frenh Mirage, but I guess not :)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Ayuteq2Fw[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Ahhh but, did you intend to ride today, and changed your mind to do it tomorrow, or did you have no intention of riding today....examine your conscience or logic please.
:p
No, didn't read that much into it. I just don't like to string two long rides together. So since I was "riding tomorrow I wasn't going to ride today" still not sure if that'll do ya. :confused:

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buffalo-jon said:
No, didn't read that much into it. I just don't like to string two long rides together. So since I was "riding tomorrow I wasn't going to ride today" still not sure if that'll do ya. :confused:
I am confused now. Lol
Anyway, did u ride today cos u did not yesterday? Or did u make an excuse today which is yesterday's tomorrow?

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SixtyPlus said:
Yep, I've been forced to have a glass (or two) of wine because of that damn dog!
That dog stops me doing lots. Ps I am currently in the garden drinking wine again!

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
My legs are killing me and thats the truth!!!!!!!

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
davereo said:
My legs are killing me and thats the truth!!!!!!!
Mine were.......but can't feel them anymore

1 - 20 of 59 Posts