Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 552 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like something happened to the original thread and I have the site owners looking into it. I messaged them last Friday and just got a response late Sunday afternoon.

In the meantime we'll have to use this and if the original can be found or recovered they can be merged.

I would ask this time that it not be another meme thread which isn't to say none but it had turned into a bit FB landing zone for memes.

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just sitting here, icing my knee, watching the snow fall and thinking;

It’s easier to recover from knee surgery during a snow storm, because I’m not bummed that I can’t take advantage of riding weather.
View attachment 44108
Just make sure you keep that white stuff all to yourself :D

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,297 Posts

It’s easier to recover from knee surgery during a snow storm, because I’m not bummed that I can’t take advantage of riding weather.
Here's to a comfortable, full recovery. On an unrelated matter, if you get tired of the the white stuff outside, feel free to send some my way!

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts

View attachment 44108
I was just thinking as others stated - hopeful for a quick recovery. As you said - always look at positives - it’s not riding weather anyways. If I had to be down it would be this Time of year.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Take it easy and heal soon. Look on the bright side; except for the inconvenience of not getting around too well, you’re getting a feel for retirement.

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Delta was spot on and the first to respond to steal away United business.
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 7.40.08 PM.png

Reactions: fpl1 and Dos_Ruedas

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Airline fees are like taxes; once their implemented, you’ll never see them go away. I don’t know what Delta charges to transport a bike but I doubt that it’s much cheaper than United’s.

Reactions: fpl1

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Airline fees are like taxes; once their implemented, you’ll never see them go away. I don’t know what Delta charges to transport a bike but I doubt that it’s much cheaper than United’s.
Generally probably not but when they have a chance to shine in the social media format if only for a brief moment they'll beat them I'm sure.

Reactions: fpl1 and Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Warning!!!

This made a terrible thud...felt so bad.
0A97920C-98D7-4A50-81EC-D1B67303FAD9.jpeg

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's good to be small town country.
05F6F6FA-4074-40E4-9B6E-1D3220083E26.jpeg
72378ADE-9F07-40B9-A71A-40B64E28455F.jpeg

Reactions: fpl1

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shoot yeah!!
Good food and maybe a selection of beer and I’d stay until the music ended our money ran out.
We went to Charlottesville last weekend and had dinner...NEVER again will I go there AND I'd be VERY worried if I had any kids that went to school there.

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After 2 straight says of tore torrential rain, we definitely do not need this! I had to stop and clear a road last night from tree falls.
30 mph winds with gusts at 60 plus... gonna be a long day at work.
IMG_0233.jpg

Reactions: John_V

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
We had one hell of a storm come through last night. I thought the house was going to end up in Oz and I was going to wake up to a bunch of munchkins running around. The wind gusts were around 60 mph. My wife says some tree branches are down but I haven’t gone out yet to see how bad it is. More high winds again today.

1 - 20 of 552 Posts