Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,153 Posts
Yes it has been. 73° yesterday morning at 8:00am, 48° this morning with overcast sky and 20-25 mph wind gusts.
yeah, I got home from three day son the road, eager to go riding, and suddenly it was like ... February or something. What's up with that?

I didn't even consider riding after I stepped out the back door for my morning weather check.

Today it's 71 degrees and calm. I might actually get some miles in before sunset.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,153 Posts
I refuse to sell. There are two possibilities; Society collapses (in which case, stocks and bonds won't mean anything) or the market is going to recover. I might not be able to fully retire as soon as I had hoped, but i am not going to sell what I have left because I will never be able to buy it back.

Savings & Loan/Junk Bonds, tech stock crash, Real Estate bubble ...... and in every case a couple years later, the market sets new records.

Worst case scenario: I might end up working as a Publix bag boy or a Walmart greeter .... but my bikes are paid for.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,153 Posts
Stupidity .... IMO. A solo cyclist or a few, are not increasing anybody's risk of infection. "You three cyclists---go home and hang out here, where you can breathe the same air---not out here where sunlight and warmth will kill the virus!"

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,153 Posts
Rolla, if you hired some teen from McDonalds to Zif-clean and Pearl-Brite polish your kitchen, you'd see it was much easier than doing it yourself.

My wife and I have considered this option. We hate housecleaning but now and then a deep clean is needed .... and hiring someone would sort of be cost-effective, considering how my wife and I value our time.

yeah, we aren't rich, but a cost/benefit evaluation ....

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,153 Posts
John Walker got the meter base and service cable installed from the meter base to the panel and now it's a waiting game for a rough in inspection by the county and DOM to come run the service from the transformer.
How safe would you feel in a building with a sticker on the door saying "All electrical work done by Johnny Walker"?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts